The Friends of Hickory Ridge purpose is to promote recreational cross-country skiing at Hickory Ridge Ski Trails in the Chippewa County Forest.
WHO WE ARE
Our activities include social gatherings, off season maintenance of area ski trails, and trail grooming activities. Expansion of related recreational activities that compliment cross-country skiing such as hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing, kayaking, etc. are welcome additions to our agenda.
Although not restricted, club membership is mainly from the Chippewa Valley and West-Central Wisconsin and includes skiers of all abilities and ages. Active skiing families, including children and parents, make up a vital part of the club.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS and ACTIVITIES
Past Accomplishments –
- Fundraised/secured grants for trail construction.
- Fundraised/secured grants to construct trailhead toilets and parking.
- Construction of on-trail ski shelters.
- Fundraised to purchase grooming equipment.
- Construction of storage building at trailhead for grooming equipment.
- NEW for 2009 -2010 – Facilitated development of additional ski trails.
Ongoing Activities –
- Advisors to Chippewa County Parks and Forestry .
- Becoming a club officer.
- Supporting grooming, cross-country trail development, and improvements to the ski trails.
- Maintain Hickory Ridge maps, signs, etc.
- Annual Fall Hickory Ridge Kick and Pick maintenance.
How Can One Support The Friends of Hickory Ridge?
The first way you can support the Friends of Hickory Ridge is simply by joining and paying your membership fees ($25 single, $40 family). Membership fees go for supporting our club’s operating costs and the activities listed above.
The second way you can support the Friends of Hickory Ridge is to donate either on-line or in our donation box at the Hickory Ridge trailhead/parking lot.
DOWNLOAD the membership form and return by mail.